Saturday, July 11, 2015

Self Esteem

I decided to write about self esteem in my eBook for a variety of reasons. Like people who have been or are being bullied now,  I have also met many people with self esteem issues both positive and negative. It does not help to live in a world where we are constantly being judged on how we look or how well we can perform with our mind and body. We are almost expected to be super human. I have met people who were working in fields that their parents approved of but they themselves did not like. The people I met that disliked their jobs were pressured to perform in that job at optimum performance and excellence. These unhappy people felt inadequate most of their life because of unwanted pressure being put on them. The same people were in their situation, because some of the professors in school told them the field they wanted to originally go to school for was too hard. The professors were basically calling them dumb and telling them they were not smart enough to go into their chosen field. I think this is uncalled for and why so many people probably hate their job. I have also met people who were told there was no money in the field they originally wanted to go to school in. Each persons self esteem was lowered because of being told these things and being made to feel as if they settled for  less. I worked with people who were very confidant with high self esteem. Their problem was they worked with mean, scrupulous, bias people that caused their self esteem to become lower. The people with high self esteem and very self assured were mentally picked apart for every reason possible. The bosses attitude seemed to be one of an ongoing bias toward the confidant people. Eventually the confidant people's self esteem took a nose dive. In 2005, I was going to write a children's book but because I was laughed at, I doubted myself at the time. Needless to say that was then and this is now. Eventually I probably will write one. Within the next five years I will be writing eBooks of various genres. I even have the genres picked out:) No this is not my only job. I am currently a student at Boise State University. I am majoring in Social work and Minoring in Psychology. I admit  I love Communications though so there is a chance that I could change my major. I decided to write my eBook because I am determine to reach out to people with my words. My messages in my eBook sincerely come straight from my heart. I also know that if I didn't take a chance and publish my eBook, I would regret not taking a chance in life and doing it. I had to do it because it was a strong yearning  I have had for a long time. The Self Esteem portion of my eBook is dedicate to anyone who has ever been told they were or are not good enough for any reason. Other people do not get to make that call about you. Never forget that! Different forms of media make a lot of people feel like they are unattractive or insignificant for a number of reasons. I have met people who were very attractive, with killer senses of humor and talent. Guess what? They thought they were ugly, dorky or lame when they had so many things going for them. As you can tell, I'm the person who meets people and automatically sees the beauty and good in everyone. Most of the time I turn a blind eye to people's faults because I prefer to have a humble, serene attitude. I feel like its not for us to judge and to each is his own. My point is, you are awesome and you are good enough! I decided to write about a lot of topics you might not hear about in other books. I see my eBook written in a way that is very unorthodox but I promise that's not a bad thing. I have learned a long time ago its cool to be different AND just to let you know, my eBook is one that takes you on a lot of twist and turns. I like to keep my audience guessing... my Preciouses:) COPYRIGHT 7/11/15 S.L.MELENDEZ



No comments:

Post a Comment