Tuesday, July 14, 2015

DATE, GET MARRIED AND RAISE A FAMILY WHEN YOU ARE PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY READY, NOT ON OTHER PEOPLES TIME CLOCK.

Every since I was between the ages of 18 years old on into present day, a lot of people have told me their parents wanted to see them get married and have a family of their own. The parents wanted them to be married possibly with kids, along with completing college. I said fine to each is his own. I know that getting married by a certain age goes way back through history. You were considered an old maid if you were not married by a certain age. You pretty much were considered damaged goods if you did not get married and have a kid by a certain age. Getting married and having a family is fine and dandy. I say good for people who are married with kids. My point is that I refuse to be defined by societies standards of what is acceptable. As I said in my previous blog The Pros and Cons of Dating, My boyfriend and I are working toward getting married. We hope to eventually have a kid. We refuse to do it on anyone's time clock in our personal life. I have never understood why some females rudely tell other females "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride! " That is a small pet peeve of mine. Its mean, its snarky  and judgmental. The bride saying it does not understand maybe just maybe the bridesmaid wants to find someone she is compatible with. The bridesmaid probably wants to find someone she won't divorce three months later after she got married. The bride should also realize that maybe the bridesmaid does not want to run off with the first guy that comes along. The bridesmaid probably does not want to find a dictator husband or wife(whichever the case maybe), because my eBook is dedicated to everyone regardless if they fall into the GLT category. I celebrate marriage equality. A lot of males and females wait until later in life to get married for various reasons. They don't get married until later because I have had some to have told me that they could not picture themselves with one person the rest of their lives. These individuals changed their mind about marriage when they actually decided to get married the time they did. I admit I had chances to get married before Dave but didn't. My reasons were because one, I was scared my marriage would somehow crumble and two, I felt I had nothing in common with guys of my past. I just felt it was not right. I did not have the frame of mind to want to. I wanted someone who was close to my match: Dave and I have a lot in common but compliment each other as well. I love that. I have had people to laugh at me because I don't have kids. I'm not going to melt or crumble because I want to have a stable foundation for my kids to grow up in. I want to give my children everything my parents were not able to give me. I want to teach them all the awesome, open minded life lessons they taught me. I want my kids and husband to be with me forever and we actually love and lean on each other. I don't want to be just another divorce statistic. My point I'm trying to make is that if your not married with kids, but you plan to get married and start a family, DO NOT succumb to the pressure of rushing into it. Do not feel like something is wrong with you because you wait until later to get married and raise children. Take those steps when you are good and ready.  Do not do so because someone is telling you its not normal to be a certain age and not have a family. This is my opinion and of course you can do what you want but peer pressure irks me a lot and probably does most people as well.  I hate when people feel like they have to do something because everyone else is doing it. Know that If your not married you are still good enough!! Strive to live your life to make yourself happy. Life is too short not to.  Of course your husband or wife's feelings matter too though. For more of my tips on getting married and raising a family on your own time frame,


Download a free copy of my eBook on Smashwords.com and use the code YJ59L       Have a good night/morning xoxo


Stay tuned... my next blog is: ONCE YOUR MARRIED LEAVE ALL THE EXES, HOMEWRECKERS AND GAME KILLERS ALONE IF POSSIBLE!


COPYRIGHT 7/14/15 S.L. MELENDEZ

No comments:

Post a Comment