Monday, August 10, 2015

REALLY LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS

A lot of us face different types of personal issues or demons on a daily basis. Some of us might feel lost and not on the path we are meant to be on. There are things in life that could make a person happy, but might also really pose a  real struggle in day to day life. I myself am constantly looking for answers daily. The questions I have are about things pertaining to my life and why they happen. I, like everyone else am learning new ways to cope with things tossed my way.  Some things I am faced with are good and some grind on my nerves. I do believe that we might have life themes and that mine are adversity and harmony. If these two themes are not my life themes they are healer and adversity. There has been times in my life where I wanted my life to go a certain path but it turned out going a completely opposite direction. The direction my life went was not bad for the most part. In fact, it was pretty much what I needed which brings me to my next point. I heard this sermon when I was listening to a Christian radio station this past Sunday. The pastor was saying that the lord disciplines his children out of love by not giving us what we want or yearn for. In the long run it usually gives us peace what we do receive from the Lord. In so many words the pastor(I admit I didn't catch his name), said that if you find yourself with questions that you should not forget the Lords counsel. I really agree with this. When I am burdened with questions or things that make me feel distressed, I will go somewhere quiet, start praying and looking through my bible. I admit I say a prayer, clear my mind and randomly flip through my bible slowly. I let my intuition pick the scripture I choose.  It seems like a lot of the time lately whatever scripture I decide to read gives me the answers I am looking for!! Lately I have been sharing scriptures that I have found peace with because maybe it can help put someone else's mind at ease. The message that the pastor was also talking about was to keep loving each other as brothers. I'm no where near perfect. I don't claim to be because when I was younger there were a couple of people I had a falling out with. I have asked for forgiveness and I make a rule to try to make amends with people but I refuse to let individuals sadistically try to emotionally punish me or ruin my emotional harmony. There is always two sides to every story is all I can say.  Personally with all the things that people have done to me that pissed me off I can honestly say that I have forgiven them. I truly mean that. It has taken me years to pray about things. I have asked God to wipe the negativity from my heart along with any sadness that has tried to bring me down. I am a firm believer in following the Golden rule and trying to treat people kindly with mercy and compassion. Another point the pastor made in the sermon I listened to was that people should be hospitable toward strangers. I don't invite strangers in my house. However,  if there is an abundance of things in my place that I know I won't be needing for a while I make a rule to donate it to someone who can use it. It might be a blessing to someone who can't afford it (cloths, makeup, toiletries, school supplies ect). The radio pastor said to stand up for those who are being mistreated and to not make money your love. He said to be content with what you have. I believe the Lord is our helper, he never leaves us and he will always be there to guide us. This is especially as long as we seek him out and believe in him.  I also wanted to go back to my first point when I started this post. When you are facing different things in your life whether they are good or bad, there are questions you should ask yourself. Some of these questions are:
  • What are your inner nonmaterial likes?
  • What are some negative things that cause you distress, sadness or makes your heart absolutely hurt?
  • What are things that cause you to hate or dislike people? Is it really something pertaining to other people or is it really something you don't like about yourself?
  • Can you do something about your circumstances that you are in? Will it matter six months to a year from now?


I truly believe more people should consider going after the things that really put their heart and spirit at ease. I'm not talking about money or material things. Those things are okay. I am talking about finding your purpose in the world which means finding the strings that are pulling your heart. I also wanted to say that just because you don't get what you want does not mean that what you do have and get is a bad thing. Receiving a blessing that was not asked for and different from what you originally wanted will teach you two things. The two things it teaches us is one, to appreciate positive surprises/blessings all the more when they enter into our life. Two, It teaches us to roll with life's unexpected punches, while seeing the good that can and usually does come with a blessing that was not asked for but given. My eBook is on these publishing platforms:
  • booktango.com
  • barnesandnoble.com
  • kobo.com
  • scribd.com
  • amazon.com
  • smashwords.com
  • bookdaily.com(Get a free chapter when you buy) 
  • lulu.com
As always I appreciate people who stop by. Before I close I wanted to offer some additional inspiration:


***ACTS 3:1-10 (Wanting one thing but walking away with something way better and much more needed).


*** THE MORE WE TRUST THE SOVEREIGNTY OF HEAVEN, THE LESS WE FEAR THE CALAMITIES OF EARTH (AUTHOR UNKNOWN). ***


***I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE HILLS FROM WHENCE COMES MY HELP? MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD, WHO MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH. PSALM 121:1-2


I hope everyone makes it a great day and until we meet again know you are beautiful, strong and good enough!!  xoxoxo S.L. Melendez


Copyright 8/10/15 S.L Melendez

No comments:

Post a Comment